Monday, January 11, 2010

Morgan Freeman


 Welcome to the first post of 2010!
One of my all time favorite actors would have to be Mr. Morgan Freeman. I grew up with him. As a kid I used to watch "The Electric Company" on PBS and Mr. Freeman played Easy Reader, along with numerous other roles. So it was great to see him make it to the big time. I think my favorite movie of his would be "The Shawshank Redemption". Morgan Freeman also has one of the most calming, reassuring voices out there. 
Acrylic on 18"x24" canvas

4 comments:

  1. I love Morgan too. Never lets me down. He was the ONLY person that could play Nelson Mandela in 'Invictus' one of my favorite movies of the last year. His voice is the second most reassuring voice next to Keith David (The Thing, Chronicles of Riddick ect...)

    How do you choose your subject matter to paint? Inspiration or something else entirely?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose the subject matter mostly by seeing a picture that captures my eye...like for the one above. I had always wanted to paint a portrait of Mr. Freeman and happened to pick up a copy of "Cowboys & Indians" magazine(believe or not) and Morgan was on the cover. The article inside had some really good pictures.
    "Cowboys & Indians" magazine is where I found the pix of Sam Elliot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend, it is an honor to know you.
    This is great art. Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors, and you have captured his spirit perfectly. Well done.
    -Dave (Elk)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you brutha Elk! You're making me blush.

    ReplyDelete